Are you currently studying Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Electronics, or equivalent? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about software or hardware development to gain insights into working at a global MedTech company!
You will be working in close collaboration with our talented technology team and supported by an engaged and dedicated supervisor who has deep knowledge of software or hardware development.
Medical simulation helps doctors to train their surgery skills without the need of a patient or an animal. The simulated training needs to be realistic, effective and easy to use, enabling doctors to routinely use simulation as a natural part of their quest for excellence. Mentice provides the world leading simulation solution for endovascular (vessel) surgery covering neurovascular, cardiovascular interventions and many other areas.
ABOUT THE THESIS
This Master Thesis is to explore the feasibility of doing this simulation cloud based, completely omitting the laptop. All stimuli need to be forwarded to the cloud simulation. From the cloud simulation both a video stream and force feedback command need to be created. The video stream shall be output on the HDMI port.
One important answer the thesis needs to answer is how big the total latency is over Ethernet, Wi-Fi and possibly also 5G. The thesis could also benchmark different available Linux boards to find the best candidate.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Two students with a strong interest in medical technologies, Linux computers and 3D graphics.
- Available for a master thesis project during spring 2023 via your university.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and spoken.
- You believe that it’s an interesting challenge to work on a complex product, you value teamwork and have a humble and thorough approach.
- Looking for a fulltime position after your studies provided that it is possible and that all parties are satisfied with the project.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
- Since you apply in pairs, only one application is necessary. One of you should apply with information about both of you in the same application.
- Send in your resumes and a common cover letter with more information about your idea.
- Include a short about yourself, your background, studies and ambitions.
- Selection will be ongoing.
- Your application should be in English.
We are looking forward to your application!