Are you currently studying Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Electronics, or equivalent? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about software or hardware development to gain insights into working at a global MedTech company! You will be working in close collaboration with our talented technology team and supported by an engaged and dedicated supervisor who has deep knowledge of software or hardware development.
The synthetic x-ray images that Mentice is using in the simulator system is continuously being improved in different ways. One potential future use case is to train medical AI systems (including surgical robots) with synthetic data. It is today not fully understood how well synthetic images will work in such an environment. Therefore, new methods for assessing the quality of synthetic images and validating the images’ relevance are needed. Mentice is taking part in a large European research project where creation of synthetic images is the main task, and the quality of such synthetic images is a critical factor.
ABOUT THE THESIS
This master thesis is to develop and evaluate methods for assessing the quality of our x-ray images in different ways. Methods can include traditional image processing methods, but also indirect methods of assessment, evaluating quality by checking how well a particular AIalgorithm can perform its task on actual data if it is trained on synthetic data. The work will be connected to the European research project around the creation of synthetic images.
The thesis could also seek to answer how to evaluate different results from utilizing the libraries, corresponding manual processes, and potentially commercially available solutions.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Two students with a strong interest in software development, medical imaging and image analysis.• Available for a master thesis project during autumn or spring 2022/2023 via your university.
• Excellent communications skills in English, both written and spoken.You believe that it's an interesting challenge to work on a complex product, you value teamwork and have a humble and thorough approach.
• Looking for a full time position after your studies provided that it is possible and that all parties are satisfied with the project.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Since you apply in pairs, only one application is necessary. One of you should apply with information about both of you in the same application.
- Send in your resumes and a common cover letter with more information about your idea.
- Include a short text about yourself, your background, studies and ambitions.
- Selection will be ongoing.
- Your application should be in English.
We are looking forward to your application!