Are you currently studying Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Electronics, or equivalent? Then we have an excellent opportunity for you to learn more about software or hardware development to gain insights into working at a global MedTech company!
You will be working in close collaboration with our talented technology team and supported by an engaged and dedicated supervisor who has deep knowledge of software or hardware development.
Medical simulation helps doctors to train their surgery skills without the need of a patient or an animal. The simulated training needs to be realistic, effective and easy to use, enabling doctors to routinely use simulation as a natural part of their quest for excellence. Mentice provides the world leading simulation solution for endovascular (vessel) surgery covering neurovascular, cardiovascular interventions and many other areas.
There are several widely used software libraries, that can be used for analyzing, manipulating and displaying medical imaging data, to facilitate or automate the steps to create a virtual patient.
Mentice has systems to simulate X-Ray (Fluoroscopy) and Ultrasound (Echo) while performing endovascular procedures such as stroke intervention or heart attack intervention, inflating balloons and deploying stents inside of a virtual patient. Patients are created from three-dimensional data gathered from several medical imaging modalities.
ABOUT THE THESIS
This master thesis work is to evaluate and create a proof of concept using open-source software libraries, to improve the process going from medical imaging data to a virtual patient anatomy usable in Mentice’s simulator system or other solutions. Among the several libraries available are notably VMTK, MITK, VTK, SOFA as well as tools for ML and FEM analysis.
The thesis could also seek to answer how to evaluate different results from utilizing the libraries, corresponding manual processes, and potentially commercially available solutions.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Two students with a strong interest in software development, medical imaging and 3D graphics.
- Available for a master thesis project during autumn 2022 via your university.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and spoken.
- You believe that it’s an interesting challenge to work on a complex product, you value teamwork and have a humble and thorough approach.
- Looking for a fulltime position after your studies provided that it is possible and that all parties are satisfied with the project.
HOW TO APPLY?
- Since you apply in pairs, only one application is necessary. One of you should apply with information about both of you in the same application.
- Send in your resumes and a common cover letter with more information about your idea.
- Include a short text about yourself, your background, studies and ambitions.
- Last application date is July 1st, 2022 but selection will be ongoing.
- Your application should be in English.
We are looking forward to your application!